Monday, July 29, 2013

What's going on...

The gears are in motion. I am sitting at my newly rearranged workspace. It is dusk, and everything is quiet. My storyboard is hung on the wall to my left, my new computer is ready and waiting.

I have organized over a hundred story fragments in Google Drive, along with the big one. The big Kahuna... the one that I am saving for later, when (if) things get big. Stories from Old Darkrose, stories from Selcouth Manor, stories from Desolation, and more.

I have 4 new story outlines, one that I am very excited about (working title: E-line), and I have even purchased a domain... www.corvidbird.com is coming. Corvid's nest, where corvid will keep her shiny things. The site should be up and running in about three weeks.

Do not fear, faithful reader (all 2 of you), Evil Candy will live on. I will link to the blog and have plans to designate a day for blogging, in order to provide updates with more regularity. Eventually Evil Candy will become part of Corvid's Nest. I have also created a Tumblr blog, and an account on DeviantArt.

I would very much like to find a comic book artist. I have a few things I think would work exceptionally well in graphic novel format. I love comics and have always wanted to write one. Easier said than done when your drawing skills are as lacking as mine. (Speaking of comics. I went to see Wolverine yesterday. Hugh Jackman's chest is a force to be reckoned with, I am fairly certain the rest of the movie was good, too). I remember my very first comic book. The February 1982 edition of What If? Titled "What if Wolverine had Killed the Hulk?" (and yes, I bought it in 1982, at a 7-11. I was 15). It was my first introduction to Wolverine, and the Xmen. I was sold. I scraped up money every month, and waited impatiently for the new editions to come out. I remember the first time I discovered there were actual shops that sold nothing but comics and I could buy any edition I wanted any time I wanted to. I could catch up on everything I missed, fill in all the gaps, and discover new characters. I bought every Xman comic, and every single thing I could find with Wolverine in it. He was my absolute favorite character. Comics were my world, a great escape from a difficult life. Even to this day, when I think of a story, it plays out in my mind like a comic book. For me that would be a big dream come true, to write a comic of my own. I am working on making that happen.

There is something to be said for setting an idea into motion. Of imagining a thing, and then just moving forward as if the imagination could actually become a reality. I am plugging away a little at a time, and soon I shall have something other for you to read than just my meanderings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment